Tuesday, October 19, 2010

10th October 2010 - Bulkhead removal

As I mentioned earlier, my original intention was to do all the repair work to the bulkhead while its still attached to the chassis. Back in September I started doing a welding course at Basingstoke College - this has been great fun, but has also highlighted the fact that my cheapo MIG welder really isn't up to much. So I've decided I'm going to upgrade it as and when funds allow. So as not to halt progress on Pod, I decided to just tack weld the passenger door pillar into position so that I know it'll all line up, and then complete the repair work with the bulkhead off the chassis once I've got my new welder - it'll be easier working in the garage rather than on the driveway too!

So here's the passenger side - before...


and after...



With this done, I was now finally able to remove the bulkhead.



Not much left now!

No comments:

Post a Comment