Monday, October 18, 2010

9th August 2010 - The Big Day!

The big day arrived - I was so excited. Pod finally arrived!

Pod had failed his MOT earlier in the year - the main problem being the "tin worm" that had infested the footwells and door pillars on both sides.


Apart from that, he looks nice and original - all there just in need a lot of TLC.




Initially I considered patching up the footwells and doing the bare minimum to get Pod through his MOT, just so that I could drive him around for a bit and suss out what works, and what needs attention. But in the end I decided that I couldn't do a decent job without stripping everything off the bulkhead - and by that time I'd be halfway to stripping him anyway.

I promised Mrs Jonesy that I wouldn't start on Pod until I'd finished one or two other jobs, so Pod sat on the drive looking magnificent.



1 comment:

  1. Is yours a G suffix? I ask as I note it has no sills, so I was wondering if they were deep or shallow, if it is a G suffix they would be shallow, but some very late F (I assume) suffix vehicles had deep ones, like my 109" does (which is on an A suffix anyway being a very early 1-ton 6-cylinder.)

    ReplyDelete