Tuesday, October 19, 2010

September 2010 - Bulkhead repair

As you can see, the bottom of the driver's side of the bulkhead has seen better days. It needs a new footwell and the bottom of the door pillar is rotten.


The previous owner had already cut out some of the footwell, but to do a (hopefully) invisible repair, I'm going to have to take out more - right to the edges of the panel so that the joins are less noticeable.

Through the Series 2 forum I found a guy called Les who makes really original looking repair sections for S2 bulkheads. I purchased a pair of replacement footwells, bulkhead feet, and door pillars from him - to say I was impressed with the quality is an understatement. He does sell on eBay, but if you have trouble finding him drop me a line.

I should have taken some pictures of the work "in progress" but I got a bit carried away with the repair and didn't think about that until I'd nearly finished. Sorry.

No comments:

Post a Comment