Monday, October 18, 2010

15th August 2010 - Deconstruction Commences

I actually managed to last about a week before I couldn't resist getting busy with the spanners. Mucho thanks must go to Mrs Jonesy for not beating me around the head with a frying pan......yet. In fact she took the rugrats to visit my parents for the day so that I could crack on with this unmolested. What a very nice wife.

For a 41 year old vehicle, Pod came apart very easily. My first day working on him and everything just unbolted. Having said that, I don't think it's the first time since he was built, since the chassis has had a new rear cross-member and a couple of new outriggers.




Someone has been creative with the floor of the tub - I drilled off about a thousand rivets...


To find this...

It has been suggested that Pod had a crane fitted once upon a time. Anything's possible...

No comments:

Post a Comment